Aloo (Potato) Paratha Recipe
To make dough:
2 cup wheat flour
½ tsp salt
Water (for kneading)
2 tbsp. oil
To stuff aaloo (potato):
3 potato / aloo (boiled & mashed)
1 tsp ginger paste
2 chili (finely chopped)
2 tbsp. coriander (finely chopped)
½ tsp coriander seeds
¼ tsp. ajwain / carom seeds
1 tsp chilli powder
½ tsp cumin powder
½ tsp garam masala
¾ tsp aamchur
½ tsp salt
wheat flour (for dusting)
oil (for roasting)
Making dough for paratha:
1. Mix well 2 cup wheat flour and ½ tsp salt in a bowl.
2. Knead the mixture in water.
3. Add 2 tbsp oil and knead well again to make the dough soft and smooth.
4. Grease oil and rest for 20 minutes.
Stuffing aaloo (potato) for paratha:
1. Mix 3 boiled potatoes, 1 tsp ginger paste, 2 chilli, 2 tbsp coriander and ½ tsp coriander seeds in a bowl.
2. Add ¼ tsp ajwain, 1 tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ¾ tsp aamchur and ½ tsp salt in the mix.
3. Mix all the ingredients well to get the stuffing ready.
Finally making aaloo paratha:
1. Knead the dough slightly after resting it for 20 minutes.
2. Make a ball sized dough and roll it.
3. Place the ball sized stuffed aaloo (potato) in the centre and begin pleating.
4. Join the pleats together to secure tight pinching off excess dough.
5. Sprinkle some wheat flour and roll slightly thick on a hot tawa and cook rolled paratha for a minute.
6. Flip the paratha when the base is partly cooked.
7. Brush oil / ghee and press slightly and flip the paratha again once or twice to properly cook both the sides.
8. Serve hot aloo paratha with sauce, raita or pickle.