LEMON MOUSSE CAKE RECIPE | NO-BAKE WITH 3 LAYERS
The mousse recipe has 3 layers, and it is a no-bake recipe. The zesty lemon glaze on the top makes it even more delicious.
THE BISCUIT BASE!Lemon and butter biscuits base provides the perfect contrast to the sweet filling. You can use any caramel biscuit or oreo to provide depth of flavor. Crush biscuit and mix butter. Then press this mixture in a springform pan. . In case of non-availability, you can still make this dessert as a flat-based glass dish.
QUICK TIPS FOR VARIATIONS:The lemon mousse filling matches well with toppings like blackberry, strawberry, orange, plum, peach, or other sauces with fruit pulp
- Add ½ cup cream cheese if you like it rich.
- If a springform pan is not available, this dessert can be set in a 1 liter casserole or similar dish
- Make biscuit base without almonds but roasted almonds really give a crunchy kick to the plain biscuit and butter.
- This recipe is eggless but if you wish, add 2 egg whites whipped to stiff peaks.
- 10hard biscuits, like Marie or digestives
- 4 biscuits
- ¼cup almonds, roasted and coarsely grounded
- 50grams butter
- 1tin sweetened condensed milk, (400 gm)
- 200ml cream
- 1cup milk
- ½cup lemon juice
- 2tablespoon gelatin powder
- 2tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾tablespoon cornflour
- ¼cup sugar
- ¼cup water
- zest of 2 lemon
- Crush 10 hard biscuits, 4 wheat biscuits coarsely in a grinder.
- Now mix ¼ cup crush almonds, 50 grams butter in biscuit.
- Place the mixture in a springform pan (7 inches) and press with a plain and heavy object to make an even layer of the base. Out in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
TO BLOOM GELATIN:
- Fully dissolve 2 tablespoons of gelatin powder in ½ cup warm water.
- Mix condensed milk, cream, lemon juice, and milk in a bowl. Add bloomed gelatin and mix well. Pour the lemon mousse over the biscuit base.
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk, 200 ml cream, ½ cup lemon juice
- Refrigerate again for at least 2-4 hours until set.
FOR LEMON SAUCE:
- Mix all ingredients of lemon sauce - 2 tablespoons lemon juice, ¾ tablespoon cornflour, ¼ cup sugar, zest of 2 lemons, ¼ cup water - and heat over a pan with constant stirring to make it thick.
- When the mousse is set, pour lemon sauce gently over the dessert.
- Slice the cake and serve.