- Rinse rice with water, change water until clear
- Over medium heat, bring milk to boil, stirring occasionally.
- When milk begins to boil, add cardamom pods and stir.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add rice.
- Allow rice to cook until tender, stir occasionally to prevent sticking and scorching milk.
- Stir in stevia, nuts, raisins and saffron.
- Remove from heat, allow kheer to cool.
- When completely cooled, move to refrigerator to chill.
- Serve chilled.
960 ml full fat whole milk
40 g basmati rice (other long grain rice can be sub)
9 g unshelled, unsalted almonds (raw, crushed)
4.5 unshelled, unsalted pistachios (raw, crushed)
5 g golden raisins
0.25 g cardamom pods, cracked open
1 or 2 stevia packets
0.02 g saffron (optional)