Yes! Here you have clicked so right as you were looking for the best Nihari Recipe. Nihari is the most traditional Lahori food and very famous among the city. People of Lahore love to have it in their breakfast and lunch as per requirements. There are many famous places for special nihari food. It is made up of beef and sometimes along with the Paye also. Here I am sharing the most delicious and best nihari recipe ever with you guys. Do try this and give me your response as well. The nihari recipe in urdu and nihari recipe in english is also shared here.
Bong 2 kg (cut into large piecs)
Oil 1 cup
Grenn cardamom 5
Ginger – garlic paste 6 tbs
Yoghurt 2/3 cup
Onion (chopped) 1 large
Cinnamon 2 (pieces 1” long)
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Red chillies powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Flour 2 tsp
Gram flour (basin) 2 tsp
Garam masla powder 1 tsp
Green cardamom powder ½ tsp
Mace powder ½ tsp
Extra bones a required
Bay leaf 1
- Heat half of the oil and fry half of the onion until browned.
- Add bong, bones, cloves, bay leaf, cardamoms and remaining raw onion, and cook.
- When meat’s water dries up, add salt, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder and ginger – garlic paste.
- Now add yoghurt and 3 cups of water. Cook on low heat until meat is tender.
- In another pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the flour and “basin”. Let it cool.
- Add the little “shorba” of the meat in the fried flour and basin, mix well and return it to the meat.
- Remove the extra bones from the pan. Cook on low heat, the ghee will come over the gravy.
- Sprinkle garam masala, grounded mace and cardamom and serve
I hope you will enjoy cooking with this most delicious and best nihari recipe. I tried it and seriously I loved it guys. You can make some variations in quantities of spices according to your taste. But keep the method of cooking alike.
You can have it with naan and chappati. Have fun and enjoy eating it.