08 Oct Steam Leg Roast Recipe in Urdu
This is traditional dish of the culture Peshawar Pakistan, Afghanistan, and our pathan brothers. First it was roasted on the coals overnight sometimes with the rice filling and sometimes not, depend on the taste of foodies. It is not at all difficult to make at home but yes time taking recipe. It takes almost 4 hours for marinating and 1-2 hours for cooking on the low heat. Now some modern era chefs has made some acceptable changes in the procedure that can help you make it ready in less time also. You can use your pressure cooker to cook it fast. But still you need to put it for long marinating hours.
Different restaurants have their own style of cooking that’s why some are making it roasted lamb leg and some are making it with mutton or beef. You can choose the meat according to your own taste as well but the ingredients of recipe remains the same. In this recipe the mutton or lamb is marinated with the spices and the yellow or orange food color that enhance the color of the dish and makes it more tempting. Usually it’s the main dish at Eid-Ul-Adha by the food lovers. They arrange Bar B Q’s and enjoy the steamed leg of mutton or lamb or beef.
Here we are sharing the wonderful Steam Leg Roast Recipe in Urdu.
Preparation Time: 4 hours
Cooking Time: 1-2hours
- Mutton leg 1 full
- Egg 1
- Yellow food color ¼ tablespoon
- Red chili powder 2 tablespoon
- Salt 1 ½ tablespoon
- White pepper 1 tablespoon (powder)
- Black pepper ½ tablespoon
- Ajino motto 1 ½ tablespoon
- Garam masala 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 1 tablespoon (fried and powdered)
- Ginger paste 1 tablespoon
- Garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice ¼ cup
- Yogurt 4 tablespoons
- Dry Allo Bukhara 6 (boiled)
- Oil for frying
Method of Cooking:
- Make deep cuts on both the sides of the mutton leg.
- Apply 2 tablespoons of salt on it and leave it at the side for half an hour.
- Mix all the spices like cumin powder, red chili, salt, black pepper powder, white pepper powder, ajino motto, garam masala, 1 egg, lemon juice, yogurt, ginger and garlic paste, and yellow food color in a bowl.
- Apply all the mixture on the mutton leg thoroughly and deeply even under cuts.
- Marinate it for 3-4 hours.
- Take a large pan and deep fry the leg piece in it for about 15-20 minutes. (You can break the large leg into medium or small sized pieces)
- Give it a steam about half an hour in a steamer.
- Steam leg roast is ready to serve. Serve it hot for delicious taste.
If you like to have it more crispy then deep fry it for some more time after steam.