30 Sep Dahi Barey Recipe in Urdu
Hello friends! How are you? Hope you are fine and have started the Ramadan preparations. It’s the month of Ramadan, the month of blessings and happiness. Everyone, young, old, children are excited for fasting and anxiously waits for the Iftar time. It is really a nice feeling to make different dishes in Iftari. Mothers arrange different foods for the children to get the energy after whole day fasting so they make many dishes at Iftar time. Some dishes are so common and almost everyone make these at home. Some people love to share their recipe with their neighbors and relatives. They make special dishes and share with their loved ones. Some people invite their loved ones at their own home and enjoy Ramadan and Iftar and sometimes Sehri together.
Today we are sharing some common Iftar recipes but in a different way to make them more energetic and tempting that will fulfill your body’s requirements of food. Dahi Barey is one from those famous and most demanding recipe in Ramadan. It’s really very easy to make at home. Some people ask to bring it from the market but I think and recommend you to make these at home because these are more hygienic and safe to eat home food.
So now, here is Dahi Barey Recipe in Urdu:
Preparation Time: 2-3 hours
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Making Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients for Making Barey:
- Gram flour 2 cups
- Baking soda ½ tablespoon
- Red chili powder ½ tablespoon
- Salt ½ tablespoon
- Turmeric powder ¼ tablespoon
- Garlic paste ½ tablespoon
- White cumin seeds ½ tablespoon (fried seeds)
Method of Making Barey:
- Mix 2 cups of gram flour with water and leave for 2 to 3 hours at the side to get it set.
- Now add baking soda, turmeric powder, garlic paste, red chilies, cumin powder and salt and mix it well to get the mixture
- Heat some oil in a pan and add a ball about the size of a tablespoon and fry well.
- Take them out of the pan when these are golden brown.
- Leave it to get cool for some time.
- Put some water in a bowl and add ½ tablespoon of cumin seeds and salt.
- Now put these barey in water for 10-15 minutes to get them soft.
- Take them out of the water and press them softly to drain the water.
- Now add all of these in a bowl full of yogurt. Sprinkle Chat Masala on it and serve to enjoy.
Hopefully you will like this recipe and will must try it at home.