Haleem Recipe In Urdu
Hello guys! We are back with another amazing and demanding recipe which is a wonderful combination of lentils and meat and named as Haleem. It’s very spicy and tasty dish and very famous in indo Pak region. Its traditional food of Pakistan and everybody like to eat it. It’s not easy to make it at home and needs lots of time for preparation but although some people love to cook it at home. So, for those who loves to cook haleem at home; we are sharing the recipe for you. We will tell you how to make haleem recipe in urdu. If you follow step by step method of making haleem, you will definitely enjoy cooking it.
This recipe of haleem is divided into 3 steps that are haleem masala, haleem meat preparation and haleem itself. So, here we start the recipe:
Preparation Time: 2 hours
Cooking Time: 2 – 3 hours
Meat 1 kg
Onion ¼ kg
Salt as required
Red chilies 6 tablespoons
Yogurt 2 tablespoons
Turmeric 2 tablespoons
Coriander 4 tablespoons (powder)
Garam masala 1 tablespoon
Bay leaves 2 – 3
Oil ½ cup
Wheat ¼ kg
Barley ¼ kg
Split gram lentils ¼ kg
Green gram ¼ kg
Ginger and garlic 2 tablespoons
Green fresh coriander
- Heat some oil in a pan and let it get start crackling. Add all the spices and for a minute.
- Add onion and fry till golden brown
- Add ginger, garlic, salt, red chilies, coriander powder, turmeric, tomatoes, yogurt and meat in it and fry.
- Add 5-6 glasses of water in it and cook until the meat is tendered.
- Roast it for few minutes when meat is tendered.
- Grind the cooked meat slightly for separating filaments.
- Grind all the pulses, barley and wheat.
- Add the grinded meat in the mixture of pulses and put on the stove again.
- Keep moving the ladle until you get the thick and combined mixture of pulses and meat.
- The delicious haleem is ready to serve.
- Garnish it with fried onion, lemon, fresh coriander, mint leaves and green chilies.
I hope you will enjoy eating and sharing this tempting recipe of haleem with you friends and loved ones.
You can serve it with hot Nan but some people like to eat it with chapatti and rice as well. But according to me, the best combination is nan and haleem. You will enjoy it more in summer season. Enjoy cooking and eating it. Good luck. J